Saturday 15 September 2018

Sultry Nights!

Warm summer night and 
    it's sultry in and out!
What can I say now for
    I'm in the same boat as yesterday!
 Try to sleep through my sufferings
    But wake up to the bites of the little creatures!
    
Just the beginning of the next day I realize
    -- And never easy to get back to sleeping again!
Easy to put me to sleep
    --if only my hormones slept a little!
    

Spare me a moment for I'd like to sleep a little I ask, 
    and I hear them giggle for they haven't had a stopper yet!
    
Worse as it gets, I lay as a log burning within!

Thoughts do their duty
    -- adding fuel to the fire
And I can't move a muscle 
    for I'll wake those around!

Laying as a log I'm told once
    -- And it was true then
For I had known nothing but pain
    -- When he tries to get to me!

Emotions swirl through me but I lay as a log 
    -- lest I'd shake him off, much to his dismay! 

Never did he realize that 
    -- all that was left in me was anger and bitterness
    -- feeling naked and clothed in shame 
    -- and screaming within to explode in anger 

Why do I recall those nights 
    -- that had left me in pitiful and shameful state
Is that what I go through once again
    -- with none but me to deal with it???

No comments:

Post a Comment